How to prepare Sindhi Kadhi | Authentic Sindhi Kadhi Recipe | Mixed Vegetables cooked in Nicely Roasted Gram flour
Sindhi Kadhi is a very popular, delicious, nutritious and excellent amalgamation of roasted gram flour, tomatoes and mixed vegetables. This Kadhi needs tomatoes in good quantity. Along with tomatoes, small quantity of tamarind pulp is also added. It will give you a bland taste if tomatoes or tamarind pulp is not added in sufficient quantity. This is mainly served with steamed rice, sweet bondi and double fried potatoes. Sharing authentic recipe of Sindhi Kadhi with a stepwise pictorial guide...
✒ Ingredients Required
✒Base of this recipe
- 3.-.4 tbsp Refined oil
- 3 - 4 tbsp Gramflour (Besan)
✒ Vegetables Required
(2 cups mixed vegetables - you can choose as per your taste )
- 3 medium size Potatoes - cut into quarters
- 35-40 grams Gavar (cluster beans) - just trim heads and tails
- 50g Cauliflower (chopped into big florets)
- 10-12 no. Ladies Fingers - slit- trim heads and tails
- 1 no. Carrot - peeled - cut into finger size pieces
- 1 no. Drumsticks - peeled and cut into finger size pieces
- 5 medium size Tomatoes - Finely chopped
- 4-5 no. Green chillies - chopped
- 15-20 no. Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
(Lemon sized ball of tamarind washed, soaked n pulped) or as per taste
✒ Dry Ingredients
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Red chilly Powder
- Salt to taste
✒ For Tempering
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder
- Pinch of hing powder
2. Heat oil in heavy bottomed pan, add the gram flour and saute till the mixture tends to collect together. Keep on stirring on medium flame and roast till it turns light brown and starts emanating a good aroma. The gram flour should be get cooked properly and at the same time it should not be burnt. This process takes 8-10 minutes. Give full concentration on gram flour, don't shift your focus to other work, as slight shift of focus will spoil this recipe. If this process is done properly - your kadhi will taste excellent.
3. Now add water - be very careful at the time of adding water, as the steam is released and will hurt you, if you don't take care in adding water. ( I always use this type of container as we can pour comfortably)
4. Add water, stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed. Bring to a boil. Add 5-6 glasses water, as this much water is needed, as when we add vegetable the water will get reduced in cooking. add dry ingredients that is turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt to taste..
5. When water starts boiling, add all the vegetables and cook on slow flame for 15-20 minutes so that all vegetables cooked properly.
6. When vegetables get cooked, add tamarind water.
7. Lastly temper with cumin and mustard seeds, Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds after it splutters, add cumin seed, hing and red chilly powder.
8. Your curry is ready to serve with boiled rice..